Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I (h)ate this


I've wanted to try the Colonel's famed chicken bowl for a long time. Bits of fried chicken, "sweet" corn, mashed potatoes and zero trans fat gravy all mixed together sounded like something I'd be into.

So, after being home sick for the last two days, and with the Cubs opening their playoff series tomorrow in Arizona, tonight seemed like as good a night as any to die.

The good news is, I ate the whole thing. I even scraped the grooves of the plastic bowl for more gravy.
Unfortunately, now I'm not sure what made me more sick: the chicken bowl or two days of daytime television (including pseudo-journalist Ann Curry practically licking Jenna Bush on The Today Show and Elizabeth Something-or-Another grilling Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi about troop surges on The View).

If you have a few moments to do some light, no trans fat reading, try this.

If you have a few moments to do some extra crispy reading, try this. If you click the link (go ahead, click it), you'll see that it's about a handsome stay-at-home dad. Obviously, I really identify with it.


By the way, has anyone ever ordered a Diet Pepsi at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant? And if so, why?


Love you,

Greg

No comments: