Friday, September 26, 2008

Things overheard on the playground

Yesterday, I took Sofia to the park for a little outside time. Here's some of the interesting things I overheard:

Middle-aged black woman to another middle-aged black woman with a red-haired white girl: Is that your grandbaby?
Other woman: No, she's my friend's from work.
Lady: Oh, I've got grandbabies that look like her. All my daughters are with white men.

Little girl to me and Sofia: I'm going to play with you guys.
Me: Where's your mom?
Little girl: I don't know.

Rich white lady to another rich white lady: Where's Madison?
Lady: I think she's over there with that man.

Me to Sofia as a little boy squeezes in front of us in line for the slide: Oh, watch out Sofia. That boy's trouble. And he's got ca-ca in his pants.
Sofia everytime we run into that boy on the playground: Trouble!

No comments: