Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prince's LotusFlow3r, My Possibility

Badmuva in fur and heels/LIFE magazine


Twenty-four hours ago, Prince launched his new subscription site, LotusFlow3r.com. That means that Prince geeks around the world willing to spend $77 for the one-year subscription have already digested the digital versions of the three new albums and have complained they're not as good as the old Prince.
It's a tired old conversation I've had a million times, and if it weren't for being out of work and a somewhat responsible adult, I'd be right there with them today. I just couldn't justify paying that price this time. If only Prince was strangely connected to 2s, instead of 7s, we'd be in business. Or break it down and let me have a month's access for $6.42. I'd even pay $7.77, if he wants to go that route.
To ease my fears that I've somehow failed my musical hero by not giving him my credit card number to gain access to his "exclusive photos," I spent the day painting my bathroom a beautifully bland new color with a very Princely name, "Possibility," listening to classic and not-so-classic Prince, and dreaming about what kind of sexy little purple songs and videos he's going to release from the famed vault.
I got a little lightheaded and giddy. I hope it was the paint.
Joke Time!:
So why did I choose "Possibility" as the new hue for my bathroom? So I can say stuff like "I just had a Cheesy Gordita, so there's a 'possibility' I'm going to be in here for awhile."

No comments: