Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Concert Series: Happy Loving Day

Forty-two years ago today, the Supreme Court agreed that Richard and Mildred Loving had the right to marry in the state of Virginia, and thus finally legalized interracial marriage all across these United States of America.
Yes, I just used "thus." It's that serious.
Each June 12th, we celebrate Loving Day to recognize the Lovings and their struggle, as well as to remind people that our crazy racist history is not that far in the past and there's still plenty of work to do in the present.
Below, you'll find a brilliant convergence of our Loving Day celebration and Summer Concert Series with some live performances by the greatest mixed race musician on the planet featuring the funkiest multiracial, inter-gender band of all time.






Don't let the coat and Spandex unitard dissuade you from supporting interracial marriage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were all over 330 dollars on every site. But finally I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices as regards the sneakers are all over 340 pounds everwhere. But finally I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you say about it?