Sunday, March 6, 2011

Crud


It's taken a week for me to get to a place where I can write about it, but Carolina won Oscar Smackdown XII.

She had a great night, correctly picking 21 out of 24 categories. That's impressive and I graciously congratulate her.

On the flip side, I had what can only be described as an average night for a genius like me. I hit 16 out of 24 categories -- not great, but good enough to beat Roger Ebert and win a free, three-month subscription to this arthouse movie site, MUBI.com. I'll take it.

For her efforts, Carolina won The King's Speech-themed first place prize package featuring a King George Harrison iTunes card, a bottle of London Pride beer, a tube of UK-made McVittie's Hob Nob biscuits and tea.

I took home the Social Network loser prize featuring a box of Sour Patch Kids, a bottle of He'Brew Messiah Bold beer and a Napster card.

I'll get over it.

No comments: