Tuesday, January 8, 2008

For the record

Can You Dig It? returns from holiday vacation with this:
We had a great Christmas trip to see the family in the Quad Cities. On the way there, some stranger in the Atlanta airport, who claimed to be Australian (although he did not once say "G'day mate"), carrying two bags of O'Charley's leftovers gave my 15-month-old daughter a $20 bill for her college education. I spent part of it on a 1/2 pound jalapeƱo cheddar double melt from the airport Wendy's, which I ate minutes before boarding a small plane for a two-hour flight. Crikey!
Things soured a bit on our return trip to Atlanta when some gaunt, greased out little Santa Claus-looking man made a pitch for the very same $20 by Utah (I mean Idaho, but I accidentally said Utah --thanks to my Idahoan friend Sarah who caught my mistake)-Senator-Larry-Craiging me in the restroom.
I'm not imagining it.
I accidentally made eye contact with the man as he was leaving the bathroom, then as I saddle up to the urinal, guess who appears two potties down, trying unabashedly to get a peek at my carry-on luggage? I grumbled, "WTF," stopped midstream and considered moving to any one of the other 30 available pissers in the room. He looked the other way, probably wondering what kind of crazy MFer spews out Internet acronyms in airport bathrooms on Christmas night.
I ended up just finishing the job where I stood, exiting rapidly without washing my hands and feeling quite violated for a day or two.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a bad way to return...for the record, however, Idaho gets to claim this all too classy senator, Larry Craig, not Utah.

Thought this Idahoan could correct you on this one!

SC Peruanos said...

Oh crap. Of course, you're right. Good catch.

Sarah said...

yes, thank you. wouldn't want the professional journalist to have incorrect information on his blog. :)

are you going to go see obama in sc????