Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Post-Debate Analysis


I'm sure you've been dying to hear my thoughts on last night's second presidential debate. Me too.
But first, here's some good news for Obama supporters in the form of a CNN poll showing Obama as the clear winner. CBS's poll of uncommitted voters also gave Obama the edge.
1. Obama won, once again showing he's the cool, calm, smart and thoughtful leader we need.
2. McCain sounds like a carnival barker or old-timey snake oil saleman when he repeatedly says, "My friends."
3. I would love to see what McCain scribbled on his legal pad as soon as he walked on the stage.
4. McCain's "That one" comment wasn't a big deal, other than it shows his disdain for Obama, and that's understandable, since he's losing.
5. Obama kind of had a Palin W. Bush moment when he said McCain thinks he's "green behind the ears."
6. I'm not sure what the connection is to the debate, but I had a vision last night of a new fast food menu item called "The Potato Honker." It's a deep-fried baked potato, but if you order it "Totally Honkered" it comes stuft (Taco Bell spelling) with bacon bits, cheese, chives, sour cream, etc. Get It Honkered!
7. I thought it was telling that the Obamas stayed to talk to the folks in the venue, while the McCains jetted out of there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for the plethora of new posts; I needed my "Dig It fix". I, too, thought it to be strange that McCain started scribbling as soon as he was seated. It was probably a reminder to change his diaper as soon as he got off stage; the idea of pandering to people may have forced him to stuft his pants.