Sunday, December 14, 2008

This is getting embarrassing

This unbelievably great video from MSNBC shows the President of our United States getting not one, but two, shoes thrown at him Sunday during a press conference in Iraq.


Say what you will about W., the man has cat-like quickness. My wife once threw a shoe at my head after I accidentally passed gas and I couldn't duck in time. George dodged two shoes without losing that damn smirk of his.
Still, I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for him. Imagine if you thought you were saving the world and all you got in return was two shoes thrown at you.
This is another great moment to add to the legacy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, Honey Smacks beat writer; look at the silver lining here. That reporter would have been instantly executed under the Saddam regime (and who's to say he won't), but in his shiny, new, liberated state, he's free to throw shoes at leaders. Bush should have seized the moment to say, "I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to openly oppose your government... or, in my case, the government of another country that has overstayed its welcome in your own. *GULP*" Still, amazing agility in the face of a tough crowd.

Anonymous said...

You ever call me "Honey Smacks" again and I will hunt you down and stick my size 10s in your dark places.