Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A break from my inadvertent hiatus

Oops, it's been too long. Let me post the following stuff before this blog becomes dormant:

Just a couple of weeks ago, I went camping for the first time in 20 years. It was 99 degrees that day. I thought it might be cooler because we were camping on Paris Mountain. Turns out, we were just closer to the sun. The experience did provide a good opportunity to reconnect with Mother Nature and wear my captain's hat.

I went to see the big summer buzz hit, Inception, last weekend. It was good. Definitely more thoughtful than your average summer blockbuster.

I just watched an episode of "Go, Diego! Go!" about a green iguana who has to suffer through a long journey with Diego before he can shit out strawberry seeds at Abuelito's farm. And not a moment too soon, because the big strawberry festival is just around the corner.

Prince released a new album this summer, not in America, just in Europe and only through print newspapers and magazines because he said the internet's dead. He's a dynamo, that Prince, but the album's better than I thought it would be. Lots of old Prince sounds without being too forced. But don't take my word for it. Go to Belgium and get yourself a copy of Het Nieuwsblad!

No comments: