Sunday, August 29, 2010

Netflix Challenge: Modify

We've lost some ground on the Netflix Challenge this week and I blame my wife. She's the one who put Modify on the queue and Modify is the reason I've felt sick to my stomach for most of the week.

This is a documentary featuring interviews with people who have engaged in various forms of body modification -- that can mean anything from simple makeup, tattoos and piercings to branding, those giant earlobe stretchy things and horn-like forehead bump implantation.

And that was all well and good, but then they started with the plastic surgery footage, penis piercings and other genital oddities, and I just couldn't stand to watch.

Honestly, I missed a good bit of this movie because I had to close my eyes. There were even moments when Carolina felt it necessary to cover my already closed eyes. I don't even want to imagine what was going on then.

This one is definitely not for the squeamish, or anyone with a normal gag reflex.

If you must see the trailer, here you go:

No comments: