Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Kevin Nealon


I'm only about 80 pages in, but Kevin Nealon's "Yes, You're Pregnant, But What About Me?" is the funniest book I've read in a long time. I haven't laughed out loud this much while reading a book since David Sedaris's "Me Talk Pretty One Day."
Based on the title, you'd think it was just for expectant parents, but it's not.
Here are a couple gems:
"I hate confrontation; in fact I'm not even good at being direct. It's a family trait. Growing up, if we wanted the salt during dinner, we wouldn't directly ask for it. We would merely say, 'Is that the salt over there?'"
"Too bad our cars can't run on petroleum jelly. I guess it would be tough to get in the tank, though. You'd have to work it in and around with your two fingers."
Also, if you've never seen Nealon in the Showtime show "Weeds," you should rent it now.

No comments: