Friday, August 7, 2009

Publicity tour


The promotional blitz for my first book, "The Best of Can You Dig It? Volume I," continues Monday with a 7:30 a.m. appearance on "The Doghouse" morning show on WPCC Sports Radio 1410. I'll go head-to-head with the members of Rhonda's Book Club, who supposedly read the book. Listen to it live here: WPCC 1410.
Yesterday, my staffers launched the social media portion of the campaign with the development of one of those crazy Facebook quizzes. You answer a few pointed questions and the little people who live in your computer calculate the score to determine which "The Best of Can You Dig It? Volume I" column you are. Play it here: Which "The Best of Can You Dig It? Volume I" Column Are You?
Monday at 7:00 p.m., the radio station hosts my first-ever book signing at Presbyterian College's new bookstore, My Friend's Bookstore, on Musgrove Street in beautiful downtown Clinton. Come meet me and get your book personalized with my greasy fingerprints. My advance team is reporting a throng of fans is already camped outside, with some even dressed up as characters from their favorite columns -- lots of bearded dudes in orange shoelaces and, for some reason, Chewbaccas.
Letterman has to be next.
So, what are you waiting for? Get the book my grandmothers are calling "just wonderful" by clicking the link on the upper right hand of the page.

No comments: