Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite Things 2010


Favorite Actor
I haven't seen Tron, and probably won't, but I'll be damned if Jeff Bridges isn't my favorite actor of 2010. He deservedly won the Oscar for Crazy Heart this year and was just as amazing performing the Cohen brothers' astounding Old West cowboy dialogue in True Grit. On a side note, True Grit is great mostly because of that dialogue and the actors who deliver it -- all of them, even Matt Damon. On a side, side note, I just saw The Informant, and really enjoyed Matt Damon in that, too. Still, it's Jeff Bridges for favorite actor in 2010.

Favorite Unintentional Insult
An old lady who kind of looked like Joan Rivers wins this one just under the deadline for a comment made today at Chick-fil-A.

As Sofia and I were finishing up our lunch, she stopped by our table and said, "Oh, I've been watching this little girl. She's so beautiful and well-behaved, and that's a rare gem these days. She's going to be Miss America someday. Are you related?"

No comments: