Monday, December 27, 2010

My Favorite Things 2010

It's one of the oldest tricks in the book: Create lists of "the best" or "the worst" this or that of the year and let the debate rage in the public square or the comments section. Rolling Stone has a long history of creating lists of the greatest somethings of all time, Huffington Post does it every day for the dumbest things, and during this time of year, it only gets worse with every blogger in the world releasing best of the year lists.

I'm not going to claim to have the depth of knowledge that would be required to form an educated opinion on the best/worst any thing (save maybe the Best Prince Songs Released in 2010), so I won't be doing that here. Instead, I'm stealing a page from Oprah's book (club) and just announcing my favorite things of the year. There can be no external debate. These are just my own very personal favorites.

So, let's get this rocking:

Favorite Loaf of Bread
Got-dang! The Pillsbury people are geniuses. Maybe "How It's Made" has already done this episode, but I would love to see how they get their delicious dough in those cardboard tubes.

Regardless, from the cinnamon rolls to the crescent rolls, I've been a big fan of the Pillsbury folks for many, many years. My admiration was only further cemented when Carolina brought home their Crusty French Loaf. Just pop open the cardboard tube, bake for 25 minutes, and you have a simple, hot, delicious crusty bread. It's magical.

Eat it. You'll love it.

Favorite Technological Innovation
Hooking up the internet directly to the TV and being able to instantly stream Netflix titles has saved my whole family from the dangers of crap television and, thanks to the Netflix Instant Queue Challenge, prevented this blog from drying up without new content.

Netflix now offers a streaming-only package for $8 a month that includes lots of great TV shows and films and absolutely no Snooki.

No comments: