Friday, December 31, 2010

My Favorite Things 2010

Favorite Songs
Download, listen and enjoy a mix of some of Can You Dig It?'s favorite recorded music presented by Lambda Lambda Lambda's in-house DJ, Lamar Latrell.




2010 Favorites Side A by canyoudigit

Groove Me/Maximum Balloon
Dave Sitek from TV On the Radio teams up with Theophilus London and you're gonna have to wipe the funk off your face.

Got Nuffin/Spoon
An epic song from Spoon's really, really good album, Transference.

I Wanna Be Your Telephone/Jamie Lidell
Funky in his own right, Jamie Lidell channels Prince/Morris Day grooves from the golden Purple Era.

Everlasting Light/The Black Keys
I love falsetto rock.

Doin' It Again/The Roots
Black Thought kills it, once again: "Dear Diary/The fans still swear by me/Even though I'm late night now, like 'Here's Johnny'."

The World (Is Going Up in Flames)/Charles Bradley
62-year-old soulman brings the heat!

Flying Overseas/Theophilus London
It's usually a no-no to have two songs from one artist on the same side, but since the first one is officially Maximum Balloon and this one is officially the hotness, I made an exception. Also, go download all of Theophilus' mixtapes. They're all free and full of great music. I can't wait to hear the music he actually sells.

I Can Change/LCD Sound System
Straight up British retro dance pop.

Think It Over/Bilal
Any of the songs from Bilal's innovative album Airtight's Revenge could be here, but this one gets special placement because it's not every day that a love song references the assassination of Dr. King.

Forget/Twin Shadow
I can't help but love Twin Shadow.


2010 Favorites Side B by canyoudigit

Never Tear Us Apart/Beck's Record Club (Beck, St. Vincent, Liars)
While re-recording the entire Kick album, Beck and his friends make this INXS song beautiful again.

Glass Mountain Trust/Mark Ronson & The Business Intl featuring D'angelo
D'angelo makes a triumphant return on this wild Mark Ronson song.

Power/Kanye West
Need a pick-me-up on the way back to work from lunch? Let Kanye be your guide.
"Screams from the haters/gotta nice ring to it/I guess every superhero need his theme music."

Black Magic/José James
Great voice on a great track.

Flash Delirium/MGMT
The video really brings this song to life.

Games You Can Win/RJD2 featuring Kenna
Flawless, all the way around. Listen, repeat. Listen, repeat.

Simili Life/Quadron
Again, any song from Quadron could get on this list. This one does it for me every time.

Headphone Rock/Donwill, Von Pea, Che Grand
Three of my favorite MCs rock the mic over one of The Roots' Late Night with Jimmy Fallon "sandwich" songs.

Loving You Is Killing Me/Aloe Blacc
I'll wait while you pick the soul outcho teeth.

Jupiter and the Moon/Los Lobos
These guys just do no wrong in my book. David Hidalgo's voice dynamite.

No comments: